Friday, March 14, 2008

Rising Star Ishant.

Ishant was nobody when he was in Ganga International School in Delhi.He was regularly thrown out of the class and made to stand out of the class,by Madam Babita Mann who was her class teacher in Class XI and XII.

Babita Mann said 'I never wanted him in my class.I was sick of his low attendance.I remembar scolding him everyday and he would always give me the excuse of being late that he was playing cricket'.

I asked the Physical Education teacher to get the principal's approval to allow Ishant to sit in the class,he would try to resolve to matter amicalbly instead of going to the principal. He would tell me 'Madam you are looking at the future Indian cricketer how can you throw him out of the class'. 'Today I am waiting outside the principal's office since one hour to have a photo with the star.'She said 'I can't believe what I'm seeing .Its more than one hour he has come to school has been mobbed by his student fans and I am unable to meet my worst student'.

It was not only Babita but the pricipal Charu Kapoor was amused that Ishant sat in her chair surrounded by media.

'This is the first time I was made to feel like an alien in my own office. The office which people dread to enter. Its as if the office belonged to Ishant'.

No comments: