Monday, July 23, 2012

KNOW GIRISH PATEL...

A Gujarati vegetarian athlete Girish Patel  represented  Britain, in a highly energetic game pole vault.in 1976 Commonwealth Games  Can you imagine , a Gujarati , taking part at the highest level......

Generally Gujaratis are not supposed to be strong built and take part in these kind of highly energetic game.

 

Girish Patel says that since childhood I was interested in sports, I was interested in pole vault , since its a combination of running and gymnastics.I found this challenge thrilling,I was selected in the pole vault squad for 1976 Commonwealth Games by Coach Tom Macanabe. But I did not had the mental toughness and energy to go through the demanding training to get set for the event.

I came in contact with Swaminarayan Guru Pramukh Swami, who inspired me and guided me and made me mentally strong through spiritual techniques, and I was able to compete in Commonwealth Games.

Why Gujaratis do not go for such sports which requires lots of strentgh and energy, which they cannot get since they are vegetarians ? Girish says " It absolutely wrong , you will be surprised to know that Carl Lewis, who has won 9 Gold Medals in Olympics and 10 World Championship medals is a vegetarian.
     

No comments: